Changing the Address on your Driver License
Your driver's license is an important legal document. So if your address changes, your license needs to change. Changing your address on your driver's license can be a hassle, but we've made it much easier by pooling all the information you need together in one place. Click "Continue" below to get started.
Driver's license change of address in Texas
How to change your address on your driver's license in Texas
Moving can be a very frustrating, Unfortunately when you move you must also change your address on your driver's license in Texas. The state of Texas understands how annoying this process could be and tries to make it as simple as possible for you.
You can change your address on your driver's license in Texas online, you will need to meet the following criteria provided below.
To change address online, you will need the following:
- Your current, unexpired driver license. If your license is already expired, you will need to renew it but you can change your address at the same time.
- Your eight-digit driver license number, your birthdate, and the 11-digit audit number printed sideways along the edge of your photograph.
- Your Social Security number.
- A Visa, MasterCard, or American Express credit card to pay the fee.
- The fee to be issued a new license showing the address change is $11 and the $10 standard address change fee plus a $1 fee for using the online service.
You can only change your address on your driver's license in Texas if you have a:
- Class C (standard) and Class CM (standard with motorcycle) driver licenses.
- You must be 18 or over. Teen drivers must appear in person at a driver license office to change their address.
- If your vision or medical condition has changed, you shouldn't use the automated system.
- If you've got outstanding traffic tickets or a suspended license, the online system won't work for you and you should appear in person.
If you are not eligible to change your address on your driver's license online you can also do so in person at your local DMV office. The fee will only be $10 and you can download a change of address form. Fill out this form completely before heading over to the DMV office.