Getting your New Driver License
Getting a new license can be a hassle, but before you head out to your local DMV, make sure you are well-prepared! Our staff has researched the driver's license process for every state, so all the information you need is right here at your fingertips. Click "Continue" below to get started.
Texas Driver's License
How to get your Texas driver's license
Obtaining your Texas driver's license is a fun and exciting time. Make sure you are prepared for your exams you will be required to pass in order to be issued your Texas driver's license. The Texas driver's manual will be a good source for you to study all the rules of the road, along with everything you will need to know to pass your driver's license exams.
To apply for a Texas driver's license:
- Apply in person at a Texas driver license office.
- Provide proof of identity
- Provide proof of US citizenship.
- Provide proof of Social Security Number.
- Provide proof of Texas car registration and insurance.
- Complete the application for driver license or identification card (PDF).
- Be prepared to have your picture taken, fingerprinted, and provide your signature.
- Pass the written, driving, and vision examinations.
- Pay the required fee.
- You must have a vehicle that has valid insurance to take your driving test in.